Welcome to our class website!
I will keep you updated on things going on in our class. I hope you visit often!!!!
It is also important for your child to know their multiplication, division, addition and subtraction facts. This will help them solve the problems they will face for the rest of their lives.
Thanks for your support!
Please continue to help your child with their multiplication and division facts. It is essential that they learn their facts through their 12s in order to create an easier math life.
Last week, we started our Social Issues in Reading Workshop. For the past several weeks, we have been researching different animals in Reading Workshop. Last month we researched marine animals. Now, we are researching land animals. We will now research how to "Save" our marine animals. The entire Third Grade will write persuasive essays on either building an aquarium for our animal or saving it in the wild. We are looking for several large tri-fold boards to create our display. All donations welcome!
We have started our Puritan Unit in Social Studies and the students continue to be fascinated that it all happened here in Massachusetts and New England! We are so fortunate to have amazing history in our wonderful town and state!
We need tissues and paper towels all the time. Please think about picking up extra next time you're at the grocery store. Seems like those sniffles are with us all year.
Just a few reminders...
1. Our classroom is always NUT FREE!
2. We are always looking for good quality paper towels to keep our classroom clean! (Bounty, Brawny)
3. Please have your child refrain from bringing toys to school. This includes gum, Pokemon cards and other collections of cards.
4. Third Graders should be reading for 15 minutes per night.
5. Please feel free to contact me for anything!
First day 2015-2016